Monday 8 October 2012

Monday Meander

Some shopping and business in Great Yarmouth town centre this morning interspersed with opportunities to observe bus activity

I travelled into town on a First Dart which was overtaken  on Howard Street North by AnglianBus Plaxton Derwent bodied Denis Javelin CSK282 on an X47 working to Norwich

My Dart followed it into the Market Gates Bus Station and it was parked in a great position for a lovely picture; but I was otherwise gainfully employed listening about a friend's USA holiday! However, I did manage to get a picture of the bus on the return working from Norwich. CSK282 was acting a replacement for Scania R82EMB which broke down in South Walsham on the 731 service earlier in the day. The vehicle on the 731 normally then continues on to work the A47/X47 service. The Scania had resumed its duties by mid-afternoon.

On completion of the lengthy holiday tale, I was passed by Ambassador Travel's Volvo B12M/ Sunsundegui 251 FJ06BRF

As it was wearing 'Just go holidays by coach' branding I assumed it was dropping off holidaymakers

I was completely wrong as its passengers were seen alighting with shopping bags bearing
the ASDA name; it was being employed as the ASDA Shoppers bus!

It made at least two return journeys until around midday when the normal Optare Solo was seen on the route.

A wander to the Beach Coach Station revealed a Plaxton Panther bodied Volvo B9R (FJ59CBU) from Soames parked up whilst on an Alfa Travel contract
Finally I returned to Market Gates in time to witness the passing of former Metrobus YN03WRP in its new AnglianBus colour scheme

Whilst she has now received AnglianBus branding she has yet to have the destination displays working.
Hence, the white card displaying 601!

My thanks to Joe at Norwich Bus Page for the additional info.

1 comment:

  1. :O I was in Yarmouth today from about 10:30 to 13:00 and saw none of these! I was looking around for them aswell :(

    ReplyDelete