Sunday 27 January 2013

Another Ex Caroline Seagull Identified

Sometime during yesterday, I received a comment on a photo on my Flickr site of the recently departed Swift Taxis Dennis Javelin 12SDA/ Plaxton Paramount 3200 registered G470LVG

I have mentioned in the past that she was previously with Caroline Seagull and, upon further research, I have found she was one of two purchased by the company in early 1990. G470LVG arrived in March of that year but sister G469LVG arrived a month earlier at Cobholm Hire, as the business was also known as

Norwich Coachways commented that 'we own sister vehicle G469 LVG (now registered HKZ1329). Still earns it's keep on private hire and contracts and it's been a fantastic vehicle. The Norfolk Coachways fleet is all Plaxton Paramounts and I still rate them over a Premiere. Bits are still plentiful and reasonably priced and the Leyland Tiger Paramount 3500 we have gives a fantastic ride and returns 10+mpg.'

G469LVG/HKZ1329 spent ten years in the ownership of Smiths Coaches of Blofield and I photographed her at Blackfriars Road in Great Yarmouth in June 2010, quite oblivious to her Great Yarmouth historical link!

Norfolk Coachways acquired her in August 2012 and she still wears the Smith Coaches livery but has Norfolk Coachways fleetnames applied

My thanks to Norfolk Coachways for making me aware of the Great Yarmouth connection

No comments:

Post a Comment