Monday 20 May 2013

The Jersey Boys

First Great Yarmouth Dart/Caetano Nimbus
 43861 in use on the service 4 to the Barrack Estate
I caught the bus into town today and was rewarded with a journey on the only ex-Jersey Dart/ Caetano Nimbus in First Great Yarmouth livery.

I was quite surprised when 43861 EG52FGJ arrived at my stop on route 2 to Barrack Estate

Upon entry I was greeted with a smell of freshness followed by a surprise of how comparatively smaller she looked inside - they
EG52FGK and EG52FGE with withdrawn P446NEX
are after all only 39 seaters!

I then made my way to First's Caister Road depot where I espied more of them at the rear of the site providing company for recently withdrawn Dart 43446 P446NEX

Whilst 43446's destination screen showed Belton, I am almost sure that it will not be her next destination!
In the front of the depot were two of the three of Friday's arrivals
 - EG52FFT and EG52FGU

The five Nimbuses present in the rear yard were EG52FGK, EG52FGE, EG52FGX and EG52FGY plus another unidentified example

A walk to the front of the depot and I saw two of the three of Friday's arrivals at the front of the depot - EG52FFT and EG52FGU

The remainder could be seen inside the rear of the depot undergoing prep work

No comments:

Post a Comment