Saturday 3 August 2013

Query Corner

Norfolk Green MCW Metrobus KYO622X which was new to London Transport 
Earlier in the week I received a query from Rob Collins regarding a former Norfolk Green decker

Rob explains.....

'When my wife and I  got married we had a Metrobus as a wedding car - KYO622X. 

It was still in London red and was lent to us when I worked at Norfolk Green. 

However I have no knowledge of whether she is still running or gone to the bus garage in the sky. 

Could you enquire if she is still about, I enclose a picture of her when she was at Norfolk Green. Any help you could give would be most gratefully received'

After a search through the internet and through my own reference sources, I found that she was delivered new to London Transport in September 1981 as their M622. As for KYO622X's current whereabouts I have drawn a complete blank. I relayed that to Rob who replied

'If, for any reason, she is still about and running, my father said he would buy her as a late wedding gift, 13 years too late, but I would keep him to his word. Feel free to put photo on the blog, you never know one of your readers might hold the key, thanks for all you are doing'

I am therefore asking if any blog readers are aware of KYO622X's existence and also of any subsequent history since her disposal by Norfolk Green.

Please use the comment tab below or email me at eastnorfolkbus@yahoo.com

4 comments:

  1. Not on Askmid as insured so unless its vor with someone or just parked up. but not currently insured or taxed :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that Brian - much appreciated
    It looks as though Rob's father can hold on to his money just for now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. According to BusView is was extinct 9/03.

    ReplyDelete