Tuesday 13 May 2014

Olympians Out In Force Again

Olympian 34187 S687AAE on the 12:05 to the James Paget 
Hospital earlier today. Photo: Jamie Skinner
Many of the Volvo Olympians were out today with my mobile chirping away every time anyone saw one!

With Olympian 34111 W431CWX reported leaving Market Gates on the 12:50 service 7 to Belton, I decided to pick her up on the return journey at the Magdalen Arms. I almost gave up and took a President instead but then saw 34111 appearing in the far distance on Crab Lane

I stepped back and waited for the Olympian to arrive. As it stopped, I looked up to see if the front seat was taken. Looking down at me with a huge grin on his face was fellow blogger SteveW who had been on the run out to Belton

34111 W431CWX leads 33210 LT52WTR on the Bernard Matthews contracts
I took my seat beside him and we caught up on the latest news/ rumours circulating in the local bus scene

We then made our way to the Beach Coach Station to view the Bernard Matthews contracts. As in previous days, the Olympian off the 7 appeared on the workings, albeit with a different driver. Making up the numbers was President 32210 LT52WTR

W434CWX had appeared in Beccles on the 17:15 X2 service for Lowestoft and supplied a picture to prove the point
Olympian 34114 W434CWX appears in Beccles on the X2. Photo: Tim Miller
This evening Tim Miller tweeted that Lowestoft loanee 34114

My thanks to Jamie and Tim for the reports and photos and to Steve W for the company this afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment