Tuesday 20 June 2017

Colourful Visitors

This lunchtime I met up with fellow blogger SteveW and we decided to adjourn to the nearest hostelry to partake of light refreshments. Whilst awaiting our fayre we noted a First pink streetdeck thingy passing through Market Gates on the 8 to Caister. We were hopeful of getting a photo of it on its return journey to the James Paget Hospital at Gorleston.

35195 SK16GVU emerges from Market Gates on its way Gorleston's James Paget Hospital
Also noted was the Lowestoft heritage bus ALX400 30888 W743DWX shuttling around on the 1B route between Vauxhall Holiday Park and Hemsby via Market Gates. I also wanted a photo of that too which I was successful in getting after saying my farewells to Steve.

Lowestoft heritage bus ALX400 W743DWX taking on passengers for Vauxhall Holday Park
Why the unusual workings with vehicles from Norwich and Lowestoft depots respectively? I can only assume that Caister Road had sent the Enviro300s onto Ipswich for their preparation for park and ride services; leaving Great Yarmouth short. I am guessing that the streetdeck was in town for its annual inspection checks and that it was commandeered for service.

On a personal note, I would like to wish Ipswich Bus Blog owner Clive Nixon a speedy recovery following his recent setbacks. I hope it won't be too long before he's back reporting on the Ipswich bus scene.

Roy

No comments:

Post a Comment