Tuesday 16 April 2019

Lowestoft Highlights

With the car in for servicing I had a few hours to spare in Lowestoft yesterday. I wonder what I should do to keep myself occupied?!

After an initial half hour at the bus station I ventured to the railway station to look at activity there. Mindful that signalling systems would change very soon, I decided my first shot should be that of a train arriving with the current signalling still active.

I then returned to the Bus Station to observe workings there in the hope of seeing either of the two ex Great Yarmouth ALX400 bodied Volvo B7TLs. I was immediately rewarded with a photo of YJ51RRV returning on the 99 service.

One of the former Great Yarmouth pair Volvo B7TL 30948 YJ51RRV arriving on the 99 service

Immediately afterwards I managed to get a photo of two of First's heritage liveried buses arriving together. Great Yarmouth liveried Volvo B7TL 32059 W219XBD was being followed by Eastern Counties Dart 42926 SN05EAE

The final photo is of the other Great Yarmouth exile, 30961 YJ51RDV, about to stretch its legs on the X22 service to Norwich.

Roy

No comments:

Post a Comment