Monday 4 June 2012

Routemaster Returns

Following the re-introduction of First's seasonal route 3/3A from Saturday 2nd June, there would be an  opportunity to photograph one of First Eastern Counties Routemaster in active service once more.

While I was in Norwich for most of Saturday, Harry Stanley was watching out for any appearance but all he saw on the route was Volvo Olympian 34109 (W436CWX) and Volvo B7TL 32204 (LT52WTK)

After spending all Sunday involved in the Jubilee celebrations, I was determined to observe the 3/3A route for myself on Monday.

I arrived on the seafront at around lunchtime, just in time to see an unidentified Volvo Olympian pass me on North Drive heading towards the Seashore Holiday Park.

Continuing my drive to Caister Road, I saw a Routemaster parked just inside First's bus garage but showing no signs of movement; so I returned to North Drive to photo the Olympian on its return journey

However, unbeknown to me the vehicles had swapped over; so I got my picture of a Routemaster in service on the 3 after all! RML2480 (JJD480D) is pictured in rare sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment