Sunday 13 November 2011

Breeze into Bury

Yesterday meant a day in Bury St Edmunds and the opportunity to view the new BREEZE branded town services operated by Stephensons of Essex.

However, my first sighting was that of First Eastern Counties Dart 43475 (R475CAH ) on the the 83 service to Westley Court pictured on St Andrews Street South.




















Then, before I could get my first picture of one of the new BREEZE vehicles, my camera's field of vision was briefly interrupted by Mulleys BMC Falcon YN54VLE!




















At last I got my picture of Stephensons Dart 439 (Y284FJN) on Breeze 2 to Howard Estate, situated in the north of the town.




















As expected, most of the BREEZE promoted services were operated by the recently acquired Stagecoach London Darts. Another example was 435 LX51FGE also heading for the Howards Estate.

Other vehicles of interest included Coach Services newish Volvo B7RLE / Wright Eclipse BJ60BYX heading for the bus station on the 84

Most of the Mulleys vehicles I saw had large poppies displayed in the front windscreens - this was Solo MX57HDH on the M44 Mildenhall & Howard Estate Circular.

Later Stagecoach East ADL Trident 18419 (AE06GZR) arrived at the bus station on the Service 11 for Cambridge

After its arrival, I wondered around to the layover area to the north of the bus station to see what was about. Immediately I saw AU06OLB heading towards me. After some research I found this to be a Ministry of Defence vehicle used to ferry around soldiers/personnel.

As dusk began to fall, I photographed my last Stephensons Dart on southbound BREEZE 1 to Nowton Estate.

An interesting day with a variety of companies operating services in Bury St Edmunds. It remains to be seen as to how much the new BREEZE routes will impact on First Eastern Counties town services.


No comments:

Post a Comment