Monday 26 June 2017

Double Deck Delight

With the car in for its MOT today (why do they still call it MOT?) I had some time to kill in Great Yarmouth this morning.

Lurking around Market Gates I glimpsed, in the distance, a red double decker heading eastwards along St Nicholas Road. So I thought I would try and track it down and walked to North Drive in the hope of seeing it. Turning the corner and looking towards Britannia Pier, I did find a decker but not the one I was expecting. That was Youngs of Cambridge Vanhool Astrobel bodied Volvo B12B bearing the registration K99YCC. It was previously WA08APF with Berrys Coaches of Taunton.

Having taken my picture, I decided to return to the town centre via Regent Road only to see a Leyland Olympian heading towards me in the glare of the sun. It was G293UYK which was new to London Buses in December 1989. It is presently the Red Lion Bus Bar with further information available at www.redlion-coltishall.co.uk/red-lion-bus-bar/

Roy

No comments:

Post a Comment