Saturday 19 April 2014

Easter Saturday Disruption

Traffic congestion was causing problems leading to the bunching of buses. Jamie's
 photo shows two ALX 400s on Magdalen Way bound for the James Paget Hospital
Late this morning I travelled from Gorleston into Great Yarmouth along Southtown Road and what a struggle it was to complete my journey - it took almost half an hour!

I was driving and I expected the buses were similarly delayed. This was subsequently confirmed by regular reporter Jamie Skinner who sent the following report

Buses all over place... No number 8 turned up in Yarmouth so I got a number 2 to Gorleston... The driver reported it took her 15 mins to get from Yarmouth coach station to Market Gates! 

I got home and spotted two ALX400s at once on Magdalen Way in Gorleston  - one clearly on time and the other late by 15 minutes. Returning on the 8 back to Yarmouth, I spotted Olympian S687AAE in the High Street heading for the James Paget Hospital at around 13:52 

Sadly, even though the driver smiled, my camera only got a side view! My camera didn't take it quick enough as the bus I was on pulled away. Probably best as the front of it looks messy as the paint has started to flake off. 

Travelling along the High Street two minutes later, I spotted another number 8 James Paget bound!

Clearly bus services were suffering long delays due to the heavy traffic trying to get into and out of the town. My thanks to Jamie for his report and photos

No comments:

Post a Comment