Tuesday 1 April 2014

Norwich Outing

A rushed visit to Norwich yesterday in between grandparent duties and I only had a short amount of time for bus observations due to a business appointment

A pair of Norfolk Green Optare Tempos greeted my arrival at Norwich Bus Station
The day gave me my first opportunity to sample the Enviro400s on the X1 between Great Yarmouth and Norwich - I usually take the car for the large amount of shopping. Today was different - no shopping!

Whilst 33821 YX63LKL looks very impressive from the outside, I was very disappointed with the ride quality. With it being a milder day than usual a very noisy cooling system was in operation

So I thought I would turn my attention to the free WiFi on offer and found it quite a problem trying to type with the bus continually bumping around! When I did get access to the system I found it to be quite fast. Looking around the bus I saw quite a number of customers were also using the service

Swift's Volvo S11WFT turns from Westlegate into St Stephens
However, I arrived at Norwich bus station on time and, as the bus turned in, two Norfolk Green buses were parked up ahead of me and I got a photo of them from the top floor of the Enviro. Both were already sporting Stagecoach fleet numbers - Optare Tempos YJ59NNZ as 25131 and YJ56ATU as 25121

On completing my business appointment, I wondered
Former Anglian Optare Solo AO57BDY is now in the konect fleet
back along St Stephens Street and was fortunate in capturing Swift Taxis Volvo S11WFT appearing from Westlegate on its way to Castle Meadow for its 13:00 TR4 service to Ormesby. This runs once a fortnight and on Mondays only

I was quite surprised at the number of former Anglian buses on Norwich services now in Konect colours. I got a photo of shiny Optare Solo 952 AO57BDY
outside QD Stores heading for Gertrude Road on the 50

My final photo is of Semmence Mercedes Vario/ Plaxton Beaver S707JJH in St Stephens Street. I
Semmence Plaxton Beaver S707JJH on an East Harling service
was unaware of this working by the Wymondham operator. There was no identification of the service other than a white card displaying 10A.

An enquiry on Traveline showed this to be a daily service connecting East Harling with Norwich and this was the 13:20 departure; having already started its journey five minutes earlier at Castle Meadow

No comments:

Post a Comment