Friday 31 May 2013

Anglian's 164 Route

Optare Solo 318 AU08GLY on the soon to be withdrawn 164 service
As you have probably read in the local press, Anglian's 164 route between Saxmundham and Ipswich is to be withdrawn from the end of June

The route is usually dominated by the use of a Scania but this week there have been some strange choice of buses of the service

Rob Collins has provided some pictures of two of the unusually rostered vehicles
The unusual occurance of a MAN EcoCity gas bus on the 164 route
awaiting the start of their journeys at Saxmundham

First up is Optare Solo AU08GLY, whilst the second photo shows the use of one of the MAN EcoCity gas buses (AU62DWN) on the route. Rob thinks its the first time one of the gas buses has been used on the service

My thanks to Rob for his report and the supply of the photos

1 comment:

  1. As a regular on the 164 yes as far as I know it is the first gas bus to be used on it. I was annoyed I couldn't travel on it. However, I got my first journey on one yesterday on the 146 and I love them, except the bodies are so flimsy in 6 months they'll be rattling like 15yo Lynxes!

    ReplyDelete