Friday 12 July 2013

Huddersfield Corporation Transport

Alexander Royale bodied Volvo Olympian T663VWU in Huddersfield Corporation 
livery Photo is copyrighted to Scott Poole (6228 Leeds on Flickr).
Following my report on a Daimler CVG6 appearing at the North Norfolk Railway's Vintage Transport weekend, Mike Sayer contacted me about its Huddersfield livery.

'I am still reading your fascinating site. Lovely to read that you liked our old 472 bus, a vehicle I drove in service so many times. When I went to Huddersfield Corporation Transport in 1972, we had many buses like 472, not all them too nice to drive!! No. 472 became 4472 in the MetroBus fleet after Huddersfield Corporation sold its buses in the 1970s. Of course, nowadays, we are part of FirstBus, but one bus, 30843, is kept in the old Huddersfield Corporation colours as part of the marking of 125 years of buses in Huddersfield in 2008.'

Mike pointed me in the direction of a photo of 30843 T663VWU on flckr, on its way back to Huddersfield from the Last of the Summer Wine town of Holmfirth. The photo is copyrighted Scott Poole (6228 Leeds on flickr) and has been used with his kind consent

No comments:

Post a Comment