Thursday 14 March 2019

Plea For Help To Restore Bedford SBG

Way back in June 2016 John Wakefield made me aware of the availability of long lost Bedford SBG / Duple Vega SPW999 on ebay. (See  Long Lost Bedford SBG Now On Ebay). I have subsequently been contacted by Gary Palmer of Cromer Classic Cars who is currently considering its purchase.

See the original post for more photos
Gary says 'I have a unit and a commercial pit that would take the coach however we restore cars. So this is a an appeal from myself to ask if there is any volunteers out there that would love to help me restore this lovely bus or coach (unsure what to call it it at present) I can supply all the materials and endless cups of tea.

I do have a full time mechanic but he can lend a hand when can, but he is book up restoring other people cars ( this of course helps to pay for the unit etc). I would love to see this Bedford grace the roads of Cromer and Norfolk again.' 

If you are willing to assist Gary to take on this project would you please contact him direct via email at cromerclassiccars@gmail.com. or by calling him on 01263 510978. The Cromer Classic Cars website can be found at www.cromerclassiccars.com

SPW999 was new to Babbage trading as Green Grey of Cromer in 1955. It has a further local connection in that it went to Reynolds of Caister in April 1962 and in circa 1991 was sold to a private owner near North Walsham.

My thanks to Gary for contacting us and I hope that he will be successful. My thanks also to John Wakefield for the original photo and information.

Roy

No comments:

Post a Comment