After a quiet period regarding changes to local buses services, today's East of England Traffic Commissioner's Notices & Proceedings Report contains a number of alterations by First Eastern Counties and Konectbus.
First Eastern Counties are to amend the routes and stopping places of some of its Lowestoft based services including:-
* 99/99B Lowestoft Bus Station to Pier Avenue, Southwold
* 101 Crestview Drive, Gunton to Cowslip Crecent, Hollow Grove
* 103 Lowestoft Bus Station to Carlton Colville
* 882 North Cove to East Norfolk 6th Form College,Gorleston
* X2/X21/X22 Lowestoft Bus Station to All Saints Green, Norwich
These changes have been made to reflect the revised town centre routing and there will be no timetable alterations. With Station Square being closed for some weeks heading out of town towards Pakefield, all buses have diverted via Battery Green southbound. This has seen a significant reduction in delays so it was decided to make this route permanent from 6th January 2019.
Konectbus is to make the following changes to timetables from 2nd January 2019:-
* 5B Horning to Norwich City Centre with revised times to and from Stalham
* 84 Harleston to Norwich including the rerouting of the 14:20 from Harleston via Trowse to cater for Framlingham High School students.
* 87/88 Bungay to Norwich - withdrawal of route except in the evenings, on Sundays and on Bank Holidays due to unsustainable losses. An hourly timetable will operate between Southwold and Bungay via Halesworth although the 15:53 ex Southwold and the 15:12 ex Halesworth are withdrawn.
The full Notices and Proceedings Report will soon be available to view on the Gov.uk website
Service 88 is not being withdrawn between Bungay and Norwich although there is a new TT from 2nd Jan. First will run some extra Bungay-Norwich buses (41, 41A) in addition to the existing X41.(From 7th Jan). Derek Abbey.ReplyDelete
Thanks for that clarification David. The First changes will appear here in due course although they have already been published on the First websiteDelete