Thursday 22 April 2021

Oxford Visitor

This afternoon I had a rare outing to Great Yarmouth to record bus activity in the town - something I've not done for some time! My first observations were of two First Volvo B7s on Nelson Road Central heading for the Bernard Matthews factory at Holton near Halesworth. They were 30959 YJ51 RCO and 30964 YJ51 RAU with the former shown in the photo



The rest of the afternoon I spent in or near Market Gates Bus Station to build up my library of recently repainted deckers in the Coastlink and Coastal Clipper liveries.



All too soon it was time to return home and unsure as to which way to drive back. Luckily I decided to return via the sea front where I found green AF55 OXF on the forecourt of the Britannia Pier. Closer examination found it to be Oxford Bus Company's Mercedes Benz Citaro 839 recently converted into three mobile clinical treatment bays for COVID-19 testing

All in all a profitable afternoon

Roy

No comments:

Post a Comment