Friday 26 August 2022

Border Bus BB71 BUS Escapes 146

A rare 'treat' visiting Great Yarmouth Town Centre yesterday to get the battery in my phone replaced. 'It will take half an hour sir' - so I was at loss of what to do for the next thirty or so minutes. My first thought was to go to the local W H Smith's (other newsagents are available) and remind myself of how expensive magazines are now. (A Victor Meldrew moment!) I then adjourned to a well known coffee shop for a flat white and observing bus activity from the window overlooking Regent Road.

After a while I saw a Border Bus single decker arrive on the 580 service from Bungay in the form of ADL Enviro200 MMC BB71 BUS - that's unusual I thought! Oh dear, no camera and the phone was unavailable too. As I had lots to do that day, I thought no more of checking Bus Times to see if it was on the route all day.



However, one person who did was Andy Watts who noted it was 'working the morning 580 journey that extends to/from Harleston instead of one of the Scania deckers. It continued to work the 580 route all day and I managed to snap it on Beaufort Way working the 11:26 from Bungay. Ever since the vehicle was new it has almost exclusively been allocated to the 146 route and to my knowledge this is only the second day ever that its been on the 580.'

My thanks to Andy for the report and photo and, by the way, it is back working the 146 route this morning!

Roy

No comments:

Post a Comment