Tuesday 30 August 2011

Still Going Strong

After a bank holiday away from the hobby, I went into Great Yarmouth this afternoon to see what I could find.

As my Dart was pulling into the Market Gates Bus Station, I saw an Olympian ahead of me on the stand reserved for the Hemsby Beach - Great Yarmouth Town Centre service 3. It was First's 34333 (H132FLX) which is still giving sterling service. As it was parked in the gloom of the bus station, I moved outside to get a better picture of her in Regent Road.


It is believed that she may be retired at the end of the month - that's tomorrow!

Update: 34333 was noted working on town service 3 on 3rd September, so reports of its demise appear to be premature!

Beach Coach Station

From there I ventured to Beach Coach Station which revealed around twenty on site - may have something to do with the town's bowls festival, which finishes this week!

Together were two National Holidays' coaches NH06CEH and NH04GCH - both devoid of fleet numbers.


Today was also the last day of the seasonally operated Coastal Service H between Cambridge Bus Station and Great Yarmouth via Bury St Edmunds and Stowmarket. This and the return journey was operated by Whippet's Volvo B12M H19WCL

No comments:

Post a Comment