Friday 20 November 2015

Bernie's Trio

Strolling along Southown Road in Great Yarmouth this afternoon, I was conscious of the fact that the time coincided with the Bernard Matthews contract runs

Suitably armed with a camera, just in case the Olympian appeared, I headed northwards and sighted the first decker with 'contract' as its destination in the form of ALX400 32061 W221XBD followed shortly after by sister 32062 W422SRP.

Then a number of questions formed in my mind ... would there be a third decker? would it be the Olympian? would it be 32063 to continue the sequence? (on the X1 apparently!) I was soon put out of my misery by what I thought in the distance was the Olympian with its comparatively larger destination screen.

Sure enough the image of the sole active First Eastern Counties Olympian 43111 W431CWX was duly captured on film as it passed Bollard Quay. The Oly continues to regularly work the Bernies with today giving me an opportunity photograph it

Roy

No comments:

Post a Comment