Thursday 3 October 2019

Church Road Diverts ~ 2

On Monday we looked at the southern part of the diversion in place on Church Road in Gorleston following the closure of the High Street and High Road for bus access. Today its the turn of the northern part to feature.

The first photo shows a southbound Bernard Matthews contract working which was not on diversion! Former First Leicester ALX400 bodied Volvo B7TL 32063 W223XBD is shown passing the Avenue Road junction on Church Road

Venturing on to Beccles Road I had just turned the corner at the roundabout when BorderBus ADL Enviro200 BB62BUS was heading towards me on the return 580 Waveney Line service to Bungay

Crossing the dual carriageway, to ensure the sun was in the correct position for Great Yarmouth bound buses, a decker was heading westbound and a quick picture was taken of ADL Enviro400 33423 SN60CAA on the X11 to Belton passing the Wheelwrights Arms.

Fortunately there was seating at the bus stop which provided a good vantage point of buses entering the roundabout from Church Road. After quite a few minutes I thought I saw an open topper join the roundabout, so I was quickly off my perch to get some photos. Of the many I took only one came out clearly showing the destination display. Dennis Trident 32905 W905VLN showed Great Yarmouth Town Centre plus the number 8. I expect it may have been a little on the cool side for those on the top deck with a slight northerly wind blowing!

Pleased with my catch, I retraced my steps along Church Road when Excel liveried Enviro400 33822 YX63LKM passed on the X1 to Lowestoft. It is seen passing the flats at Da'Volls Court.

Roy

No comments:

Post a Comment