Friday 8 August 2014

Memories Of CAP229

CAP229 in Cremorne Lane Works in 1963 - Copyright Jim Long
Contributor Jim Long's memory was well and truly jogged when I posted my report on the Worthing Bus Rally

Jim takes up the story

CAP229 with Brighton & Hove in the 1950s - W J Haynes Collection
'I recall my trip to Norwich on the 13th April 1963 when, as per usual with our trips to Norwich, I would call in at Eastern Counties Central Works in Cremorne Lane

What a workshop they had, as there wasn't anything they couldn't do on the premises

That morning we came across two Bristol K5G open toppers from Brighton Hove still in their livery.

CAP229 was the one we were able to photograph, sorry about the size as it's on one of those 1.5 inch x 1.5 inch negatives that you had a job to get a postcard size with!

I also found a shot of her when with Brighton as a closed top bus which came from W J Haynes of Lewisham in 1963. Mr Haynes offered a postal service from a printed list of his photo's'

Thanks for the memory and the super up to date shot of CAP229'
 

Jim also identifies the other K5G open topper in the works that day as CAP221. As to its subsequent history, all I can find is a report on this website which indicates it has fared worse than its sister

No comments:

Post a Comment