Saturday 24 November 2012

Norwich Friday Sightings

Yesterday morning I had a business appointment in Norwich which allowed for an hour or so of bus observations around lunchtime

My first sighting was that of a Norfolk Green Optare Tempo at Castle Meadow taking on passengers for its X29 service to Fakenham

YJ57EHX  has more than a passing interest in that, up until a year ago, it was owned by Great Yarmouth operator Ambassador Travel and used quite extensively on school/college work.

Pleased with that being pictured in Norfolk Green colours, I proceeded to the bus station in the hope of capturing one of the Konectbus bendybuses on film

I didn't have to wait long as I soon saw one of them negotiating the roundabout at the top of St Stephens Street.

With the sun being in the wrong position for a photo, I crossed to the central reservation of Queens Road for a better picture. With no traffic obscuring my view, (for a change!) I got this reasonable photo of Citaro 800 BD57WDA heading for the bus station

I then retraced my steps back to Castle Meadow, where I saw a number of operators picking up and setting down their passengers at the entrance to the Castle Mail shopping centre

Of particular interest was this 70 seater owned by Norse; YN60BZG is a Plaxton Profile bodied Volvo B7R

Pleased with what I had photographed, I made my journey back to the car on a former First Northampton Volvo B7L/ Wright Eclipse on a Green Line service

No comments:

Post a Comment