Saturday 15 November 2014

Interesting Independents In Norwich

Ex Shearings Holidays MX04AEW is now with Solus Travel of Tamworth
I was also in Norwich earlier today; plus I managed to capture photos of the same buses that Grahame did - so he has stolen my thunder just a little!! LOL

After leaving my wife at The Forum, I bumped into Sam from the Norwich Buses blog in Theatre Street with his camera at the ready. After a quick chat I continued on to Castle Meadow to view activity there

I had only gone just as far as the
Crusader Holidays Setra EU07FHX
Debenhams store when a coach in Shearings blue livery passed me on Red Lion Street. I wasn't quick enough to get a photo, but managed to identify it as Volvo B12M / Plaxton Panther MX04AEW  which was devoid of Shearings fleetnames

I subsequently found it parked opposite the Castle Mall entrance on Castle Meadow as it was taking on board passengers. A quick glance at the legals revealed it was operated by Solus Travel of
First's newly repainted Dennis Trident/ Plaxton President 33163 LR07LXZ
Tamworth and, as I was taking my photo, one of the passengers told me they had visited the Christmas Spectacular at Thursford the previous evening -  'and very good it was too!'

Just five minutes later and a Crusader Holidays branded Setra passed me and stopped to pick up some of its clientèle. The coach was registered EU07FHX and forms part of the Motts Travel fleet

I then carried on with taking more photos of First's buses; including
South coast visitor - YN08MPY of the Compass Travel fleet
that of recent repaint 33163 LR02LXZ - as mentioned earlier in Grahame's report

Finally, as I was about to leave, another visitor (this time from from the south coast) arrived in the shape of Compass Travel's Scania K340EB4 / Irizar YN08MPY

A number of interesting catches during my hour's stay on Castle Meadow

Roy

No comments:

Post a Comment